Friday, January 8, 2010

what are you sinking about?

this is what happened when liz tried to call the tokyo mission office.

*dials number*

recorded message: *voice speaks japanese...liz gets the idea that she`s basically saying, "this number doesn`t work, silly gaijin"*

*hangs up. tries dialing the number without a couple of the first numbers*

recorded message: *same japanese voice...*

*hangs up. tries again.*

recorded message: *yet again. same japanese voice*

*hangs up, frustrated. then reads the webpage again: "just take the first 0 off, silly kid". dials the number again. without the zero*

*phone finally starts ringing*

japanese man: *greets me in japanese*

liz: "uuuuuhhhh...do you speak english?"

japanese man: "of course. this is japan coast guard."

liz: "uuuuuuhhhh...i think i have the wrong number."

japanese man: "bye bye."

*liz hangs up. cries out in humiliation.*

the end.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!! You make me so happy Liz :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haaaaaaaa ha ha! Oh goodness, stories like this brighten my day. (And dampen it too, of course, because I feel sad for your frustration. Oh my gosh, I sound like an Engrish speaker. NooOOoo...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...I take it you didn't find the church?

    ReplyDelete